BRANDING IDENTITY: TYPOGRAPHY
Typography an art form that can manipulate the significance of what it communicates. There are literally thousands of fonts to choose from and each has different qualities and quirks that can all influence customers' emotions and reactions.
Choosing (and typesetting) an appropriate typeface(s) to represent a brand is crucial to identity. Things to consider: What are you trying to communicate visually? To who? Is the brand playful, serious, trendy, feminine, masculine, loud, corporate, sporty, silly...?
When in doubt, less is more. Clean minimal typography choices speak louder than words.
- CONSIDER HIERARCHY, LETTER SPACING, LINE HEIGHT, LOWERCASE/UPPERCASE.
- LIMIT BRANDS' FONT SELECTION TO TWO-FOUR TYPEFACE(S) THROUGHOUT ALL BRANDED MATERIAL
- USE CONSISTENTLY FROM LOGO FONT(S) THROUGHOUT ALL BRANDED MATERIALS TO GAIN IMPACT..
- CONSIDER HIERARCHY, LETTER SPACING, LINE HEIGHT, LOWERCASE/UPPERCASE
- USE LESS VARIATIONS OF FONTS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA GRAPHICS THAT DON’T REQUIRE HEAVY AMOUNTS OF TEXT.
- FOR INCREASED RECOGNITION, USE ONE TYPEFACE THAT IS MOST COMMONLY ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR BRAND... REPETITIVELY (LIKE NIKE DOES).