1) STRETCH… as soon as you wake up! Lay flat on your back and stretch from end to end, roll your ankles and wrists around, then roll over and do the cobra stretch to stretch our your chest. Get out of bed and give yourself between 2 and 5 minutes of light stretching. From your neck, sides and light leg stretches, if feels yummy and it wakes you up for an extra good morning. Do yoga and foam roll.
2) THINK… positive thoughts on yourself. Feed your mind with healthy happy mantras, such as in “I’m beautiful… strong… talented…” and “I believe in me… I can do this.” This may sound silly but I recommend actually looking in the mirror and admiring yourself, instead of getting upset or mad at your flaws, disregard them – they make you, you. Plus if you love yourself, chances are someone else will too. Challenge your mind, learn something new, read a book. Practice something that requires hand-eye coordination. Play chess.
3) LOVE… yourself by taking time for some guilty pleasures like spending the day reading a book, working on a hobby, resting, treating yourself to a favorite food or desert, spending time alone, shut off your phone or computer from time to time, get a massage or your nails done and most importantly getting some sort of exercise daily.
4) BREATH… That’s right, it’s really simple, you do it without even thinking… But if you are stressed or having a moment, are adrenal glands take over and our breath shortens. Take a minute or two for yourself and stand or sit tall, close your eyes and just breath. Take a 5-10 count inhale through your nose long and steady and then take the same amount of time to exhale through your mouth. Repeat this for a minute about 10-20 times! Oxygen calms the mind and stabilizes the nervous system. You will think more clearly, and be more focused to move forward.
5) SEX… Burn calories, improve your heart health, intimacy with your partner, boost your self-esteem and your immune system. It can also help with headaches and PMS symptoms.
6) FUN… Spark your inner child, do something crazy– rent some roller skates, try a pottery class, grab a group and head to the bowling alley. Play, life’s not that serious.